Terms & Conditions
(1) LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Our promise is simple; we stand behind all the hardwood furniture we sell – 100%. Should your furniture fail in either workmanship or wood material, simply return it to us along with your sales receipt, and we will repair it at no charge. Normal wear and tear, misuse, alterations, and improper humidity levels are excluded. Customers are responsible for all transportation for all warranty claims and returns.
(2) WARRANTY EXCEPTIONS: Grain & color variations are natural characteristics of wood, and we cannot guarantee exact matching on related pieces. Natural stain variations that occur are not considered warranty claims. We offer a five-year warranty on all hardware, and gliders and recliners mechanisms. No warranty on fabrics for the ordinary wear and tear, and deterioration that results from the intended use.
(3) SALES TAX: All Ohio sales are subject to Ohio’s sales tax. All taxes, including sales and use taxes, on out of state transactions are the sole responsibility of the customer. Customers shall hold harmless and indemnify Amish Mercantile for all such tax liability imposed by states outside Ohio.
(4) STANDARD ORDERS: Standard orders require a non-refundable 10% deposit to start.
(5) CUSTOM ORDERS: Custom orders require a non-refundable 50% deposit to start. Custom includes changes to any of our standard dimensions, using a custom stain or paint color or combination, and non-standard hardware selections.
(6) RETURNS: Any order cancelled within 3 business days after the order will receive a full refund of deposit. Returns will not be accepted for furniture that has been damaged, abused or mishandled, as determined in the sole and exclusive discretion of Amish Mercantile.
- STANDARD ORDERS: Any standard items may be returned within fourteen (14) days of receipt, less original shipping costs, less a 15% restocking fee. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
- CUSTOM ORDERS: Any custom order may be returned within fourteen (14) days of receipt, less original shipping costs, less the 50% deposit.
- SHIPPING: Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
(7) DELIVERY INFORMATION: Our in-home delivery service is based on the delivery service best suited for your location. Payment for the remaining balance due to Amish Mercantile in the form of a check, cash or credit card will be required before delivery. Customer assumes full responsibility for sufficient clearing of the area (e.g., doorways, hallways, stairways, etc.) to allow for delivery of the furniture.
(8) PICKUP INFORMATION: Once an order has been completed and the customer has been notified of its availability, pick up of furniture must occur within thirty (30) calendar days. Pickup hours are Monday – Saturday 10am – 4:00pm, please bring blankets, pads, and ropes to package items safely. Amish Mercantile is not responsible for damage incurred after loading.
(9) DAMAGED / DEFECTIVE ITEMS: Upon receiving a delivery or picking up your order, please inspect for damage or defects. If damage has occurred to the furniture during shipment, please notify the delivery personnel. Notification to Amish Mercantile of hidden damage or problems shall be provided within 1 (one) business days of receipt. If damage is verified, Amish Mercantile will repair or replace, at our discretion.
(10) ESTIMATED TIME TO BUILD FURNITURE: Estimates are provided as a convenience based on our experience in the manufacture of similar products. No representation or guarantee is made that the product will in fact be available or delivered on any specific date. Our average lead is typically around 12-24 weeks. Our average delivery time is 1-2 weeks after completion.
(11) CLEARANCE ITEMS: All sale of clearance items are final sales and sold “AS IS” and with NO warranty. No returns, exchanges, or refunds will be issued.